Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New Beginnings

 When the hibiscus and sunflowers start to bloom in my yard, and I enjoy the taste of tomatoes right off the vine, I know it is August and time to start thinking about getting ready for school.  


This September will start a new chapter in my teaching career at Summers-Knoll.  Over the years, I have taught  pre-k/k classes,  straight kindergarten classes, and k/1 classes.  This will be my first time to teach a 1/2 class. I am very excited for this new adventure.


I am also moving to a new classroom.  I look forward to working with the children to make this new space our "home away from home"(at least our temporary home until our new school is ready for us to move in.)


While we are getting to know each other this fall we will be exploring the theme, "Our Backyards".  
This theme will lend itself to learning more about each other and our surroundings.  We will be exploring the flora and fauna of the County Farm Park, which is in the school's backyard, as well as many local establishments that create the larger "backyard" of the Ann Arbor community. 


More information will be coming soon so keep watching the blog!


And as Dorothy once said:
"if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard; because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with"



No comments: