Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Acrostic Poems

Sledding 
by Spencer Bassette (5th grader, 2001)

S peeding down a hill,
L ow on my sled,
E ating the flakes that fly in my mouth,
D igging my gloves in the snow,
D riving myself through the trees,
I n and out in and out,
N ow up a high jump,
G ripping my sled.

After reading the "Sledding" poem, the children tried to write their own acrostic poems. Here are a few examples of their work:

Fall
by Aviana

Fiery red leaves dance down from the trees!
A magical time of the year.
Light red, yellow, orange, and brown
Love, love, love! I love fall.

March
by Andrew

Mist in March
adventures in day Light.
ranch of Light.
c of time.
honey in the bee hive.

Fire
by Benjamin

Flames ripping trees
In the hole, ripping tree
Rare destroy a whole forest but sometimes does
Erritating* 
trees until they're gone
{Irritating

*Sometimes, the sound of a word works better than the actual spelling of the word.

Spring
by Noelle

Spring is good
Peeking out from hills
Rocks are rough
Ice is gone
Nests are built

Giving shelter.

No comments: