Tuesday, August 27, 2013


Welcome to the 2013-14 school year


I hope everyone enjoyed their summers.  I am sure many of you have been looking through Keri Smith's book, HOW TO BE AN EXPLORER OF THE WORLD.  Maybe you have been amazed at some of the things you can find when you start looking.  I found a heart on the beach and cow's head in my backyard.  I am looking forward to hearing about the children's adventures and discoveries. 


Throughout, September and October, our class will continue exploring the world around us. 
We will start by exploring and learning about our room, the school, the routines of the day, and each other.

I will be sending you a plethora of information over the next few weeks.  If you have any questions about anything, please don't hesitate to ask.  

The first thing I want to give you is a schedule of events in September.  I hope you will be able to attend these events so you can learn more about the school and meet  other members of the community.

Thursday, August 29th Open House 4:30-6:30
Tuesday, September 3rd  
First Day of School for Students 
Sunday, September 8th Back to School Picnic, County Farm Park, 12-3 P.M.
Tuesday, September 10th  Picture Day (September 24, picture retake day)
Thursday, September 19th  Curriculum Night 


No comments: