Monday, April 29, 2013

Chapter books

Last week, we finished reading Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald.  Even though the book was written in 1947, it still enchants children today.  The class could not wait to hear what problem the children would have and how Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle would "cure" them.  Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle was using "Love and Logic"way before it became popular.  

Now, we are on to another chapter book, Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel.  This one we are listening to on CD.  It will give the children a break from listening to me, which is a nice change at this time of year.

My class last year listened to this story and loved it.  I don't usually do a book two years in a row but Kaden requested to do this again this year because he wanted to hear it again and thought the other children would really enjoy it.  Since Kaden and I were the only ones who have heard it before, I acquiesced.

No comments: