Thursday, January 7, 2016

And this is why we chose SK...



This week I got an email from a parent with the subject heading, "And this is why we chose SK...".  In the email was a link to an article written by a teacher, that described what she wants her children and others to experience in Elementary School, and the unfortunate turn that education has taken.  It made me personally thankful that SK is not like many other schools, and that I found such an amazing place that let's me be the kind of educator I was trained to be.

If you are interested in reading more, click the following link:

Article link
Or if you don't have time to read the whole article here are a few quotes from the article accompanied with some photos from our class this year.

"Elementary school should be about exploration" 























"Elementary school science should be about questions and wonders, experiments and all things messy."


"I want a school where creativity is cherished, and there is ample time for thinking, connecting, discussing and enjoying what they’ve learned. "

No comments: