Monday, January 17, 2011

Assessments



At Summers-Knoll, there are many ways parents are updated on their child's progress at school.  Conversations at the end of the day, emails, and blogs, are all  ways parents receive information about day to day life at Summers-Knoll.  There are also formal updates.  Twice a year,  parents and teachers sit down for a conferences and twice a year they receive written assessments.

Over the long weekend, I have been writing your child's first assessment report.  Summers-Knoll "reports" are different from the typical check list report card that many school use.  The assessment is a narrative description of your child's growth and development .  At the end of the month, you will receive a copy of my assessment along with reports from your child's other teachers.

Writing the assessments is an arduous task but it is also very rewarding.  As I am writing, I get to reflect on the amazing progress the children have made in just a few months.  I hope you will enjoy reading about your child and if you have any questions or comments about the assessment, please don't hesitate to contact me.

No comments: